Developing Divorce & Family Law Solutions Designed For You
Going through a divorce, custody dispute or other divorce and family law matter is never easy. Indeed, it can be outright painful. With a compassionate, experienced legal team on your side, however, things can be made better.
At Di Giacomo & Somers L.L.C., serving Northfield, Chicago and other Illinois cities, we will guide you through the legal and emotional process associated with your divorce or other family law matter. It is our primary goal to guide you through to a fair resolution of the issues involved in your particular case.
We Bring Experience To Your Case
The seasoned attorneys at Di Giacomo & Somers L.L.C. have over a century of combined experience between them. We understand how to help you navigate delicate legal matters involving you, your children and your finances.
Our comprehensive divorce and family law services include:
- Divorce litigation: The traditional style of divorce, where your lawyer presents your case to the court to make a decision on property division and custody.
- Collaborative law: An alternative to litigation, where both parties retain collaborative attorneys and everyone agrees to work together as a team to resolve each aspect of your divorce in an amicable way.
- Mediation: The parties work with a mediator who helps them work through, and try to resolve, all of the custody and financial issues of the divorce.
- Division of property: Illinois law mandates an equitable division of property, including real estate, stocks, investments, business interests, retirement and pensions.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: Marital agreements that outline property division and spousal support obligations, should the marriage be unsuccessful.
- Child custody and support: Custody, visitation and child support need to be established in every divorce with children and paternity action.
- Maintenance and alimony: An amount of money paid to the other spouse after the marriage. The need and amount is determined by assessing the financial circumstances of the parties, their standard of living and the parties’ ability to be self-supporting.
- Post–decree modifications: Circumstances change and, accordingly, so must people’s divorce and paternity decrees. Issues that may need modification or enforcement include child support, spousal support, visitation schedules and custody.
- Parentage and paternity: Unmarried parents also have to decide issues relating to custody, visitation and child support.
- Adoptions: Helping parents and stepparents add to their families.
- Same-sex marriage and divorce: Our firm has a longstanding divorce and family law practice area serving the needs of same-sex couples.
- Real estate: Our firm can represent you in the purchase and sale of residential real-estate.
We Can Help You Create A Plan For Your Future
At Di Giacomo & Somers L.L.C., we bring experience and compassion to the practice of law. Let us listen to your concerns, develop a personalized strategy that focuses on your needs and execute that strategy to your benefit — whether that be through conciliation, mediation, negotiation or outright litigation.