Post-Decree Modifications

Have circumstances changed since the issuance of your divorce decree? For most people, things do change; people get remarried, they lose their jobs, they get better jobs or they move out of state. If you have undergone a substantial change in circumstances, you may be able to modify your divorce decree.

In other situations, your ex-spouse may refuse to follow the court order by refusing to pay child support, give you access to the children or pay spousal maintenance.

Contact Di Giacomo & Somers, L.L.C., serving Des Plaines and Chicago, Illinois, to learn more about modifying or enforcing provisions of your divorce decree. Our attorneys are skilled at litigation, collaboration and mediation. We will help you make the right decision for your divorce.

At Di Giacomo & Somers, L.L.C., we represent clients in post-decree hearings involving:

  • Enforcement of custody and support agreements
  • Modification or termination of spousal maintenance obligations
  • Increase or decrease of child support
  • Relocation or move-away of a custodial parent
  • Contribution to college expenses
  • Visitation issues
  • Parenting time modification

Whatever your circumstance, we will help you find a way to resolve it. Our attorneys have more than 60 years collective experience in family law and divorce matters. Both of our attorneys are certified mediators, experienced litigators and trained collaborative law attorneys. We work with all of our clients to determine what the best course of action is to resolve their particular situation. Whether it is mediation, litigation or collaboration, we focus on achieving the best possible outcome for our clients.

Contact Our Lawyers Today To Discuss Custody Modifications

We bring experience and compassion to the practice of law to clients in and around Winnetka, Glenview, Lake Forest and Arlington Heights. Contact our post-decree modifications attorneys today to schedule a complimentary, half-hour consultation. Call 847-784-8900.